Squeeze Break is an oscillator, which is based on the strategy of the John Carter books «Mastering the Trade». The main idea of the strategy - is that markets are prone to move from periods of low volatility to periods of high and vice versa. The strategy is aimed at tracking the movement from low to high volatility.
Squeeze Break Indicator uses indications of Bollinger Bands and Keltner Channel. Momentum indicator is also used as a confirmation for the open positions.
Characteristics of Squeeze Break Indicator
- Platform: Metatrader4
- Currency pairs: Any currency pairs (recommended Major)
- Trading Time: Around the clock
- Timeframe: Any, recommended H1 and higher
- Recommended broker: Alpari
Trading rules by the Squeeze Break Indicator
The basic rules that form the basis of trading by the Squeeze Break:
1. Positive green histogram means that the Bollinger Bands are outside the borders of Keltner Channel, and the market is prone to the formation of a trend or increase volatility. The stronger this histogram, the stronger directional price movement.
2. Negative red histogram means that the Bollinger Bands are inside the Keltner Channel and the market more prone to consolidation. The stronger red histogram, the lower the price movement.
3. Also in this indicator is integrated the Momentum. In accordance with the strategy of Carter, long positions are opened when the Bollinger bands make their way behind border of the Keltner Channel, and Momentum is above zero line. A short position is opened when the Momentum indicator goes below zero.
Open Long Position:
Open Short Position:
4. Additional information is displayed in the upper left corner and gives extensive information about the current state of the market.
5. Indicator generates sound alarm when approaching a potential signal.
In the archive Squeeze_Break.rar:
- Squeeze Break Indicator.ex4
- Squeeze Break Indicator.mq4
- Squeeze Break template.tpl
Free Download Squeeze Break Indicator