Volatility Factor EA - time-tested profitable forex robot
Volatility Factor is not a young forex robot that has undergone many changes during its evolution. But even the early version from 2012 remains profitable to this day and without any problems passes the 8-year backtest.
Сharacteristics of the Volatility Factor EA
- Official website: volatilityfactor2.com
- Platform: Metatrader4
- EA version: 4.0 (not PRO)
- Currency pairs: EURUSD, GBPUSD
- Trading Time: Around the clock
- Timeframe: M15
- Recommended broker: Alpari, Roboforex
EA`s working principle and Back Tests
According to the principle of trading, the Volatility Factor can be attributed to lightweight martingale. Since the EA opens deals on the breakdown of the Bollinger Bands, and when the market turns, it opens several additional deals, the number of which is set in the robot settings, in the assumption that the market will return to average values based on the principle of volatility (hence the name of the EA). And since Stop Loss is very large - about 300 pips, in case of further price movement against an open deal, the Volatility Factor will inevitably lead to a loss of 1500 pips. Although, it should be noted that the Expert Advisor, as a rule, leaves the deal much earlier.
Of course, such an EA`s strategy carries the risk of losing most of the deposit, so you need to adhere to extremely balanced Money Management and risk no more than 10% of the deposit and periodically withdraw profits.
The old version of the Volatility Factor is intended only for 2 currency pairs: EURUSD M15 and GBPUSD M15. See backtests below:
As you can see, the GBPUSD pair looks a little worse and I would refuse it and install the robot only on EURUSD. However, monitoring a real account on GBPUSD shows that the EA is also capable of making profit on this pair. See monitoring below.
But the latest version from developers can be profitable on 4 currency pairs (EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF):
You can familiarize yourself with Back Tests and other information about the latest version of the EA on the official website in more detail.
I can only say that Volatility Factor 2.0 Pro has undergone significant changes and is significantly different from the old version of this forex robot The latest version has such additional options as:
- Broker Spy Module,
- Truly Balanced Strategy,
- Advanced Money Management Systems,
- High Trading Activity,
- Advanced High-Impact News Filter,
- Operates with 4 and 5 Digits after decimal point,
- 100% Guaranteed Long-Term Profits and others (more information HERE).
Monitoring the real account of the Volatility Factor EA and Settings
Volatility Factor Settings:
- Magic - advisor ID
- EA_Comment - comment on Volatility Factor deals
- Signal_1 (2, 3, 4) - true/false four signals of the EA`s strategy
- MaxSpread - the maximum allowed spread value for opening deals. Recommended values: for GBPUSD = 3.5, for EURUSD = 2.5
- Slippage - maximum allowable slippage in pips
- NFA - function for traders registered in the USA
- AutoGMT_Offset - GMT offset for the broker, automatically detected
- ManualGMT_Offset - GMT offset for the broker, manually installed
- DST_Usage - enable this parameter (set to true) for the US summer time period
- BetterPricePips - the minimum step in the old pips (4 digits after decimal point) to open subsequent positions. If it is 0, then the default parameters from the EA code are used (15 pips for GBPUSD and 6 for EURUSD)
- MaxNegAdds - the number of open additional deals when leaving an open transaction in the opposite direction
- ForceProfit - total Take Profit (in pips) to close the basket of deals. If it is 0, the default parameters from the expert code are used and displayed in the info window on the chart
- ForceLoss - total Stop Loss (in pips), upon reaching which all trades will be closed. If it is 0, the default parameters from the expert code are used and are displayed in the info window on the chart
- FixedTakeProfit, FixedStopLoss - the function of manually setting fixed Take Profit and Stop Loss for each transaction
- RecoveryMode - when this option is enabled, after a losing t trade, the adviser will trade with an increased lot size until losses are restored
- FixedLots - a fixed trading lot for each deal. This setting does not work if AutoMM> 0
- AutoMM - Money Management, to automatically determine the lot size based on the exposure
It is activated if the value is greater than 0. If the value is 1, the lot will be used based on the formula 0.01 lots for every $1000 in the account. With a value of 10, a lot will be used based on the formula of 0.01 lot for every $100 in the account, etc. Recommended value for AutoMM = 1.5 and below.
- AutoMM_Max - fuse limiter for AutoMM parameter in combination with RecoveryMode
No matter how profitable this robot is, please use it with great care. Because this EA uses the martingale method with a grid of deals, which can lead to a complete loss of the deposit.
In the archive Volatility_Factor.rar (71.0 KB):
Free Download Volatility Factor EA