Forex Combo System 5.0 - 4 proven-winner strategies into 1 EA
Forex Combo System EA has long been known to many traders for its reliable trading and unusual trading algorithm. Even today, an earlier version of this Expert Advisor quietly passes the 10-year back test and feels confident in real trading. The algorithm of this robot includes trading in four strategies (in more detail later in this post), which can work both jointly and separately. As a result of its evolution, the EA has many versions and modifications. I have version 5.0. Today we will consider this particular version (but the latest version for developers today is 6.1).
Сharacteristics of the Forex Combo System
- Official website: forex-combo.com
- Platform: Metatrader4
- EA version: 5.0
- Currency pairs: EURUSD, GBPUSD
- Trading Time: Around the clock
- Timeframe: M5
- Recommended broker: Roboforex, XM, Forex4you
EA work algorithm
Forex Combo System 5.0 uses 4 strategies in its work:
- Scalping Strategy (Scalping)
- Breakdown strategy (Trend-Detection)
- Counter-trending strategy (Market Corrections)
- 4. Non-trending market strategy (Range Detection)
You can enable/disable each of these strategies in the EA settings, as shown in the screenshot below:
Read more about expert settings below.
Backtesting of the Forex Combo System 5.0
I tested the EA on tick historical data for the period 2010.01.01 - 2020.04.02 with settings that differ from the default settings (presets are included in the archive):
Please note that backtests are performed with a modeling quality of 99.0% thanks to a wonderful software called Tick Data Suite. Today this is the only possible and fastest way to achieve 99% quality of modeling in MT4.
Tick Data Suite - Powerful, Accurate, Easy to use!
As you can see from the tests, the EA passes testing on both currency pairs without any problems. But it looks preferable on the GBPUSD.
Real performance verified by MyFxbook
- Use_Fx_Combo_Scalping - on/off scalping strategy
- Use_FXCombo_breakout - on/off breakdown strategy
- Use_FXCombo_Reversal - on/off the counter-trending strategy
- Use_FXCombo_EuroRange - on/off EuroRange strategy (for non-trending market)
- Use_ECN_Execution - on/off ECN-execution, it is better to leave it on (true) - suitable for all types of accounts.
- Hiden_StopAndTarget - use virtual (stored in the Expert Advisor's memory) StopLoses and TakeProfits or send them to the broker's server. An analogue of the Stealth mode in other EAs. When you turn it on, you theoretically insure yourself against possible fraud on the part of your broker
- No_Hedge_Trades, NFA_Compatibility - settings for traders registered in the USA, do not change anything
- CommentSys1, CommentSys2, CommentSys3, CommentSys4 - comments on the transactions of each strategy
- Magic1, Magic2, Magic3, Magic4 - a unique identification number for each of the EA`s strategies. These numbers are needed so that the adviser does not confuse his orders with orders of other experts and deals that you manually opened
- MaxSPREAD - maximum spread value at which the EA is allowed to open deals
- Slippage - maximum allowed slippage for opening deals
- AutoGMT_Offset - on/off the automatic determination of the deviation of the broker's time from the time in GMT. When working in real time, leave this parameter turned on, when checking the EA in the Strategy Tester of the MT4 terminal, disable this add-in and set GMToffset manually using the parameter below
- ManualGMT_Offset - manual setting of time deviation GMT. Works only when AutoGMT_Offset is disabled. You need to set the offset manually only with backtests
- UseAgresiveMM - on/off aggressive Money Management. When this option is enabled, the EA will increase the lot after a losing deal, until the losses are restored. Only works if the parameter TradeMMSys1 (2,3,4)> 0
- LotsSys - fixed trading lot (used only if TradeMMSys = 0)
- TradeMMSys - if> 0, automatic Money Management is activated. The risk is set as a percentage of the deposit for each transaction
- LossFactorSys - lot increase ratio after a losing trade (works only when UseAgresiveMM is enabled)
- MMMax - the maximum allowable risk per trade (as a percentage of the deposit). A kind of fuse
- MaximalLots - limiter on the maximum possible size of a trading lot
Attention: Also, for each strategy, there are settings for limiting profit/loss and trailing stops. In no case do not change them unless you are a professional in automated trading.
And of course, it will not be superfluous for the smooth operation of the robot to install it on a VPS hosting service. This eliminates the need to keep your PC turned on all the time. And you will not be afraid of Internet connection breaks.
P. S. By the way, as you can see, the quality of modeling in my backtests is 99.0%. This was achieved in a new way of testing, which I will share with you in the next post. In order not to miss, subscribe to our newsletter (no spam, only useful material):
In the archive Forex_Combo_System.rar (2.18 Mb):
- Forex Combo System Manual.pdf
Free Download Forex Combo System EA